Preview: Aston Villa vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups

Sports Mole preview Tuesday’s Premier League clash between Aston Villa and Liverpool, including predictions, team news and possible line-ups.

legend of the reds Steven Gerard will look to put another dent in his former club’s Premier League title hopes when liverpool travel to AstonVilla Tuesday night.

The Lions secured a 3-1 success at Burnley over the weekend, while Jurgen KloppThe team were forced to accept a point in a 1-1 draw with Tottenham Hotspur.


Match Preview

© Reuters

While Gerrard has yet to prove he can take on the big boys with his Aston Villa side, the Lions hosted back-to-back wins over two basement sides in Norwich City and Burnley to end their miserable run. shape patch during the Easter period.

After confirming the demotion of the Canaries, Villa made Burnley’s task of survival a bit more difficult by claiming a 3-1 success at Turf Moor on Saturday, as Danny Ing, Emiliano Buendia and Ollie Watkins were all on target before Maxwel Cornetis the consolation of the Clarets.

By taking seven points from the last nine on offer in the Premier League and conceding just once in that stretch, Villa threaten to break through into the top half as they sit 11th in the table, with Newcastle United and Leicester City failing to manage. not to usurp them. on Sunday.

Gerrard has never won a Premier League title with Liverpool as a player and certainly can’t afford to let sentimentality creep in ahead of Tuesday’s game, with the 41-year-old – and the Anfield faithful – fully aware of his task at hand at Villa Park.

The former midfielder’s legacy with Liverpool is unlikely to be broken even as he oversees a result that ends the Reds’ Premier League dream, but Villa have won just two of their last eight home games in the top flight, and an injured Liverpool. are a force to be reckoned with.

Liverpool players look dejected after Son Heung-min scored for Tottenham Hotspur on May 7, 2022© Reuters

Jurgen Klopp had a lot to say about Tottenham Hotspur’s tactics after the full-time whistle at Anfield – much to the amusement of the traveling crowd – and the Reds’ four-time prospect suffered a heavy blow at the hands of Antonio Conte‘s men in a 1-1 draw on Merseyside.

Left in acres of space at the back post, Ryan Sessegnon had all the time in the world to choose Son Heung-min for his 20th goal of the season, but the little magician Luis Diaz saw his efforts soar Rodrigo Bentancur and bad foot Hugo Lloris steal a point from Liverpool.

Cross after cross after cross went nowhere for Liverpool against a steadfast Lilywhites defence, and while Klopp’s side have temporarily returned to the top on goal difference, Manchester City are now three points clear after beat Newcastle United on Sunday afternoon.

A run of six wins in all competitions and a streak of 12 wins at Anfield in the Premier League came to an end for Liverpool at the weekend, but their domestic unbeaten run now stands at 16 matches, and they have kept sheets clean in four of their last five away games in the top flight.

Flashbacks of 7-2 humility will inevitably cross Klopp and the Kop’s minds ahead of Tuesday’s trip to Villa Park, but they have since won three straight wins against Villa in all competitions and will not be in a charitable mood. towards Gerrard while the quadruple dream remains alive.

Form Aston Villa Premier League:

Form of Liverpool Premier League:

Form of Liverpool (all competitions):


Team News

Roberto Firmino celebrates Liverpool's goal against Inter Milan in February 2022© Reuters

Villa boss Gerrard has no new injury concerns to report from the weekend, but the midfield star Jacob Ramsay missed out after suffering a groin injury in training and is considered a major doubt for the contest.

Kortney Hausethe abdominal problem of will probably keep him away for a bit longer too, and it remains to be seen if Leon Bailey will recover from an ankle injury in time to play again before the end of the campaign.

Ex-Liverpool man Philippe Coutinho was dropped to the bench for the win over Burnley, and Gerrard will be reluctant to cobble together a winning formula despite the quick turnaround, as another former Danny Ings red leads the charge.

As far as Liverpool is concerned, Roberto Firmino returned to training ahead of Tottenham’s win, and although he was not risked for the contest, he should be able to apply for a place in the squad this week.

Klopp has no other injury issues to deal with but is sure to consider some changes with the FA Cup final in mind as Joe Gomez and Kostas Tsimikas look for starts in the lateral back areas.

Naby Keita and Diogo Jota may also be optimistic about their chances of starting this week, while Ibrahima Konate given the go-ahead for Tottenham draw but can now make way for the return Joel Matip.

Aston Villa’s possible starting lineup:
Martinez; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Worthy; McGinn, Chambers, Luiz; Buendia; Ings, Watkins

Possible starting line-up from Liverpool:
Alisson; Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Keita, Fabinho, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Diaz


SM words green background

We say: Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool

Villa need no lessons to navigate their way through Liverpool’s high line, and the Lions’ recent improvement in form and many ex-Reds aiming to get one at their old club could make for a skin. banana for Klopp’s team.

The Reds boss is likely to tinker with his side ahead of the weekend’s FA Cup final, but he will be aware that any further points dropped effectively end his Premier League title hopes, and we have faith in Liverpool. to secure a narrow victory against a Villa side. whose defense is still far from watertight.


Data analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests that the most likely outcome of this match is a liverpool win with a probability of 68.52%. A draw has a probability of 17.7% and a win for AstonVilla has a probability of 13.77%.

The most likely score is Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool with a probability of 9.91%. The next most likely scores are 1-2 (9.65%), 0-1 (8.33%), 1-1 (8.11%).


Trick

Our expert forecasting partners at Sportita.com predict an away win in this game. Click here to find out what else they predict for this game and for more of their proven football tips.Away win: data


ID:485334:1false2false3false:QQ::from desktop database:LenBod:collect13481:

Email Insights

Click here to get sports moleThe daily preview and prediction email for every major game!