The summer transfer window is in its final month for the big European leagues, which means the biggest clubs are looking to make a splash in the market before the start of the new season. Check out the latest gossip below, and see all official offers here.
TOP STORY: Spurs, Villa Eye Saints’ Ward-Prowse
Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa both prepare moves for the Southampton midfielder James ward-prowse, according to The telegraph.
The 26-year-old Saints captain has long been linked with a move to Villa Park, but Spurs are believed to be long-time admirers of the England international and will take a step for him next week .
The midfielder is currently four years on his current contract and has made more than 260 Premier League appearances since joining the club’s academy. It is believed that the Saints are keen to keep it this summer.
Aston Villa have sought to add Ward-Prowse to an already hectic summer for the Villa Park outfit. Following an England transfer record received by moving to Jack Grealish for £ 100million, they have strengthened themselves with Emiliano Buendia, Leon Bailey and a former Ward-Prowse teammate to Danny Ings.
As for Tottenham, they are looking to make a second signing under new boss Nuno Espirito Santo, having already brought in Atalanta center-back Cristian Romero this summer.
Ward-Prowse had an impressive season last time around for Southampton, making 38 appearances with 8 goals and 7 assists, often causing issues with his pace of work, passing and ability on set pieces. It all culminated in a summons from England for the European Championships.
– Kylian Mbappé hopes to leave Paris Saint-Germain this summer or next year after the club signing Lionel Messi. According to French journalist Thibaud Vezirian, Mbappe asked the club to let him go and said he did not want to play alongside Messi. Mbappe has long been linked with a move to Real Madrid, and previous reports have indicated that PSG will demand at least € 180million for Mbappe’s transfer if he listens to the offers. Mbappe’s contract expires in 2022 and he could expect a salary of 20 million euros per year.
– Arsenal set to seal move for Sheffield United goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, according to Football London. The 23-year-old England international has been linked with a move to the Emirates as the Gunners seek an assistant to Bernd Leno. It is believed that a deal of around £ 30million has been made, with an initial value of £ 24million to be paid to the Blades.
– Chelsea defender Antonio rudiger assess his options for the future with PSG and Real Madrid are said to be interested in the center-back according to Air sports. The 28-year-old still has a year on his current contract but has yet to strike a deal with the Blues, knowing he can sign for foreign clubs on a pre-contract deal in January. Chelsea and Thomas Tuchel are believed to see him as part of their plans and will continue to play this season, knowing his next move could be important to his career.
– Fiorentina set a deadline in offers for the striker Dusan Vlahovic with Arsenal and Tottenham expressed interest in the striker. Corriere dello Sport report that the Serie A club are only interested in receiving offers until August 15 before rejecting any further proposals and continuing as planned. The 21-year-old has been the subject of much transfer speculation due to his contract being cut and discussions surrounding a possible extension. It is believed that the movement of other attackers, such as Harry Kane or Romelu Lukaku, could trigger a transfer domino effect which would result in an offer for Vlahovic.
– Newcastle United warm up in pursuit of AS Roma winger Carles Perez, according to Calciomercato. It is said that Jose Mourinho’s side have to move some players in order to see some transfers happen. Steve Bruce’s side believe they can make a low-value offer for the Spaniard who may struggle to fit in with Roma.
– The Internazionale pushes for a movement for the right-back Denzel Dumfries to replace Achraf Hakimi, who left for PSG earlier in the window. It depends Fabrice Romano, which claims that the Nezazzuri have put in an opening valuation of 12 million euros at Dutch club PSV Eindhoven. Everton were also linked with the Netherlands international, who won impressive European championships with his nation this summer. It is believed that PSV will resist higher valuation before letting the player go.